TEMPEH RICE BOWLS
THIS VEGAN RICE BOWL HAS IT ALL:
CARBS, PROTEINS + HEALTHY FATS- ALL FROM MULTIPLE SOURCES!
LIVE SUPERFOODS: TEMPEH + SAUERKRAUT!
RAW SUPERFOODS: ALFALFA, AVOCADO, BEET, CARROT + RED PEPPER!
MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT HAS TONS OF FLAVOURS + TEXTURES!
CHURN IT UP SO EVERY BITE IS DIFFERENT OR GO STATION-TO-STATION MAKING CAREFUL COMPOSITION EXPERIMENTS- EITHER WAY + FOR ANY MEAL OF THE DAY, THIS RICE BOWL IS A FUN HEALTHY MEAL!
- small handful of cashews
- 1 slice of red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2cm of ginger
- 1/2 a Thai chili
- olive oil
- rice vinegar
- soy sauce
- 1/2 a lime
- maple syrup (or honey)
- sesame oil
- Coarsely chop cashews and toast them in the oven at 325˚ for about 8 minutes.
- Dice onion, garlic, ginger and chili.
- Throw everybody in a mini food processor with a good splash of olive oil and splashes of rice vinegar, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Add a little splash of maple syrup to reduce the acidic edge and 1 drop of sesame oil for scent.
- Pulse to desired consistency.
- Add water to thin if necessary.
TEMPEH RICE BOWL
EVK’s VEGAN Tempeh Rice Bowl with avocado, sauerkraut and pickled ginger!
- 1/2 a brick of tempeh
- handful of cashews
- red pepper
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 a beet
- handful of sunflower seeds
- alfalfa sprouts
- sweet pickled ginger
- salty pickled ginger
- Slice tempeh into triangles.
- Coarsely chop cashews.
- Thinly slice red pepper and onion.
- Grate carrot and beet.
- Boil and simmer 1 part brown rice to 2 parts water (1:1-1/2 for white rice) with a good dash of salt in a covered wide-bottom pot for about 40+ minutes (about 20 for white rice).
- Toast cashews in the oven at 325˚ for about 5 minutes. Add a handful of sunflower seeds and toast for another 3 minutes.
- Fry tempeh and onions in a good splash of oil, in a pan on medium heat.
- Half-fill bowls with rice and layer tempeh and onions over top.
- Add grated carrot and beet; sprouts; sliced avocado; sauerkraut, pickled gingers; and nuts and seeds.
- Drizzle with CASHEW SAUCE.