EVK’s Tabbouleh is our take on a classic Middle-Eastern parsley and bulgur salad!
A beautiful, light, Middle-Eastern parsley and bulgur wheat salad!
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1 cucumber
- bunch of cherry or 1-2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1-2 bunches of parsley
- 2-3 green onions
- handful of cilantro
- handful of mint
- 4-5 dried apricots
- 1/3 of a block of feta
- can of chickpeas
HYDRATE THE BULGUR
- Boil a kettle of water and pour over bulgur wheat in a bowl to an inch above the grains.
- Cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Wrap the grains in a dish towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Return to the bowl, add a few good splashes of olive oil and lemon juice and a good dash of salt.
- Fluff occasionally with a slotted spoon.
- Allow to cool.
- Chop cucumber and tomatoes.
- Slice parsley, green onions and OPTIONAL: cilantro, mint or dried apricots.
- OPTIONAL: crumble feta
- OPTIONAL: drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Combine everbody is a salad bowl and toss thoroughly.
- OPTIONAL: serve with crumbled feta.