Bruschetta really refers to the grilled or toasted bread this topping goes on!
- 1-2 tomatoes or a bunch of cherry toms
- 1/2 a small red onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- Slice tomatoes.
- Finely dice onion and garlic.
- Combine in a bowl and toss with a good splash of olive oil and good dashes of salt and pepper.
Hummus is full of super foods! It’s also a great way to add flavour + protein to a vegetarian sandwich or morning toast!
- 3-4 (or more!) cloves of garlic
- 1 can of chickpeas
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- tahini paste
- cumin seeds
- almonds, cashews or walnuts
- chives or green onion
- paprika powder
- Finely dice garlic.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Combine in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or pulse in a food processor, with a few good splashes of olive oil and lemon juice and a good dash of salt.
- OPTIONS: add tahini or cumin; chopped nuts or diced herbs; or dust with paprika.
EVK’s Rustic Breakfast a low-cost way to live it up!
- flat bread
- Slice feta, lemon and avocado (squeeze a little lemon on it to keep it from browning).
- Boil eggs. Cover, remove from heat, + let sit for 6 minutes. Rinse under cold water, peel and slice them in half.
- Toast flat bread in your toaster.
- Serve with BRUSCHETTA + HUMMUS either combined on a plate or each item in it’s own bowl so people can compose their own Rustic Breakfast!