EVK’s ultimate pasta sauce! Great on pasta, or in a lasagne or eggplant parmesan!
- olive oil
- medium-sized onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 15mL / 1 tbsp flour
- 15mL / 1 tbsp dried oregano
- small handful of basil
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 2-3 cubes of bouillon or 2-3 cans of prepared broth (try 2 + add the 3rd if necessary)
- can of tomato paste
- can of diced tomatoes
- 710mL / 3 cups of water (if you’re using prepared broth instead of bouillon cubes, you’ll only need 1 cup of water)
- Chop veg.
- Pick leaves off basil and rosemary stems.
- Start a pan over medium heat and add a good splash of oil.
- Add onion and garlic and fry.
- Add salt and pepper.
- When the onions start to soften, add carrots and celery.
- When the carrots start to soften, add the flour and thoroughly stir it in.
- Add oregano, basil, rosemary, bouillon or broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about half an hour.
- Blend to desired consistency with your favourite device (submersion blender, blender, food processor, food mill, etc). Use what you need for your meal and freeze the rest!