MARINATED BOILED EGGS FOR SOUPS
MARINATED BOILED EGGS
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2″ piece of ginger
- 1/2 a Thai chili
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- room temperature eggs
- Coarsely chop garlic, ginger and chili.
- Throw these guys in a small pot with water, soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly cool in the fridge- you don’t want the heat to cook your eggs as they marinate!
- Poke a hole in both ends of your eggs with a tack to relieve pressure while cooking.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, carefully add your eggs.
- Pour cold water with a few ice cubes into a separate bowl.
- When your eggs have boiled for exactly 6 minutes, remove and place them in the ice water.
- When they are cool, carefully peel them.
- Carefully place your eggs in a ziplock bag and pour in your marinade. Let any air out of the bag and seal so that eggs are completely covered. Let them marinate for at least 3 hours or over night.
- Remove eggs and slice in half with a filleting knife or a piece of fishing line just before you serve them.