OLIVE OIL + ACV DRESSING
EVK’s versatile Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing. Checkout our post on Making Salad Dressings!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1cm of ginger
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- rice vinegar
- whole-grain mustard (or dijon)
- maple syrup (or honey)
- Finely dice garlic and ginger.
- Pour a few good splashes of olive oil into a jar, blender or mini food processor.
- Add splashes of apple cider and rice vinegar. You want to have a ratio of about 3 parts oil to 1 part acid.
- Add a little mustard and a dash of salt.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Add a little splash of maple syrup to take the acid edge off.
- Seal your jar and shake, or whiz with a blender, submersion blender or mini food processor.
- Taste your dressing and balance it by adding more of whatever you think it needs.
- At the very last minute before serving your salad add the dressing a little at a time, tossing as you go. You don’t need to use everything you’ve prepared, it’ll keep for a bit in a sealed jar in the fridge. ‘Less dressing, more tossing’ is the mantra for salad success!
This Chickpea Salad makes a great summer lunch or light dinner!
- 1 apple
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1-2 green onions
- handful of almonds
- 1 Thai chili
- 1/3 of a block of feta
- 1 can of chickpeas
- OPTION: 2-3 kale leaves
- OPTION: handful of basil leaves
- OPTION: 3-4 sprigs of cilantro
- Slice apple, celery, cucumber, red pepper, carrot and green onions.
- Coarsely chop almonds and toast in the oven at 325˚ for about 8 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: chop a handful of kale, basil or cilantro.
- Finely dice Thai chili.
- Crumble Feta.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Combine fruit and veg in a salad bowl and toss in OLIVE OIL AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DRESSING.
- Serve with almonds and feta.