This rich Cheese Sauce is great in a Mac’n’Cheese or on roasted veg!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups room temp cream
- 4 cups grated cheddar or a mix
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- dijon mustard
- ground nutmeg
- Start a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the butter.
- From this point don’t stop whisking until it’s done!
- When the butter’s all melted, gradually add the flour.
- When your mix starts to smell like shortbread, gradually add the milk.
- When your mix is thick, glossy + smooth, add the cheese.
- When the cheese has all melted, add salt, pepper + lemon juice to taste.
- OPTIONAL: add dijon or ground nutmeg to taste.