OLIVE OIL AND ACV DRESSING
EVK’s versatile Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing. Checkout our post on Making Salad Dressings!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1cm of ginger
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- rice vinegar
- whole-grain mustard (or dijon)
- maple syrup (or honey)
- Finely dice garlic and ginger.
- Pour a few good splashes of olive oil into a jar, blender or mini food processor.
- Add splashes of apple cider and rice vinegar. You want to have a ratio of about 3 parts oil to 1 part acid.
- Add a little mustard and salt.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Add a little splash of maple syrup to take the acid edge off.
- Seal your jar and shake, or whiz with a blender, submersion blender or mini food processor.
- Taste your dressing and balance it by adding more of whatever you think it needs.
- At the very last minute before serving your salad add the dressing a little at a time, tossing as you go. You don’t need to use everything you’ve prepared, it’ll keep for a bit in a sealed jar in the fridge. ‘Less dressing, more tossing’ is the mantra for salad success!
EVK’s hearty Beet Salad!
- 3-4 beets
- handful of spinach
- 1 orange
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- handful of walnuts
- small red onion
- 1/2 a block feta
- OPTION: 1 pomegranate
- OPTION: handful of almonds
- Trim beets. Leave unpeeled and whole for roasting, OR peel and chop for steaming.
- Tear spinach.
- Slice orange, red pepper and celery (leaves too).
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Dice onion.
- Crumble feta.
- OPTIONAL: seed pomegranate in a bowl of water.
- Roast beets unpeeled and whole at 400˚ for about an hour. Allow to cool and slip their skins off. OR Steam sliced beets to desired tenderness
- Toast nuts in the oven at 325˚ for about 8 minutes.
- Combine fruit and veg in a salad bowl and toss in OLIVE OIL AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DRESSING.
- Serve with nuts and crumbled feta.